Click here for General Access
Click here for Restricted Access
Industry Experience Roster
One of CSATF's most important functions is to administer and to maintain the Industry Experience Roster ("IER"). The IER lists the names of individuals who have acquired a certain amount of work experience (and, in some cases, additional requirements) within their specific craft as outlined in each of the local unions' collective bargaining agreements. The IER encompasses over 125 job classifications which span the jurisdiction of 17 unions within the motion picture and television industry. Individuals whose names appear on the IER may receive preference of employment as producers signatory to the Basic Agreement and/or the Basic Crafts agreements utilize the IER as an employment resource.
The IER maintains listings for job classifications covered by the Locals listed below.
- Local #44 - Affiliated Property Craftspersons
- Local #78 - Plumbers and Pipe Fitters
- Local #80 - Motion Picture Studio Grips
- Local #399 - Studio Transportation Drivers
- Local #399C - Location Managers
- Local #600 - International Photographers of the Motion Picture & Television Industries
- Local #695 - Production Sound Technicians
- Local #700 - Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Local #700S - Screen Story Analysts
- Local #705 - Motion Picture Costumers
- Local #706 - Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists
- Local #724 - Studio Utility Employees
- Local #728 - Studio Electrical Lighting Technicians
- Local #729 - Motion Picture Set Painters
- Local #800 - Art Directors Guild
- Local #871 - Script Supervisors/Continuity, Coordinators, Accountants & Allied Production Specialists Guild
Placement Requirements: IER placement requirements are unique to the specific job classification for which you are applying. For example, placement requirements for the Driver job classification differ from the placement requirements for an Auto Mechanic, even though both classifications are listed on the IER for Local 399. For detailed criteria, you may refer to Paragraph 68 of the Local Agreement covering the desired job classification (Paragraph 62 for Local 399 and Paragraph 25 for Local 399C), or you may contact the appropriate Assistant, Roster Administrator for further information. (Please refer to
Placement Process: CSATF processes applications for IER placement and determines IER placement eligibility. Applications for IER placement must be submitted to CSATF and must be supported by payroll and production records and/or employer letters verifying employment. To assist you in requesting that employment verification letters be sent to CSATF on your behalf, please refer to the
Payroll Company Contact Sheet. Also, you are welcome to complete the
Industry Experience Roster Application and submit it to CSATF via mail, in person or email at Reception@csatf.org. If it is discovered that additional documentation and/or information is needed to process your application, CSATF personnel will contact you by letter. All CSATF-approved applications for placement are subject to a review (and protest) process by the appropriate union.
Listing on the IER will not occur under any circumstance until all placement requirements are satisfied and verified by Contract Services and placement procedures have been completed in their entirety. Under normal circumstances, the complete process takes approximately six weeks.
For the purpose of clarification: Making application for IER placement is a separate and distinct process from applying for union membership. Additionally, making application for IER placement does not automatically trigger union membership or vice-versa. It is your responsibility to initiate